Monday, August 22, 2016

What Do People Say About You?

People Talking In A Group Found on Scoop Blog
Found On ScoopPick
http://bit.ly/2bxpxx1
   Most people perk up when their name is being said. It's one of the first words that are taught to us from birth and one of the essential links to our identity. The psychology on our name spans from relationships to sales. We like it when people call us by our name, because we inherently want to be remembered. But what about conversations people have about you


   A study from NCBI called Brain Activation When Hearing One's Own and Others' Names stated, "There is unique brain activation specific to one's own name in relation to the names of others". In sales, you recognize that people are inwardly selfish and respond better when you know their name and let them talk about themselves. So, when a friend or colleague tells you that they were talking about you to someone else, you want to know what they said.  


   I personally had this experience a few days ago with my girlfriend. She told me that there was a conversation she had with her friend about me. I'm instantly wanting to know what was said. I'm interested in what the consensus of the conversation was in relation to me as a person. Did her friend like me? Hate me? Think nothing of me? 


What do you Think About Me? meme
Found on 9 Strategic
http://www.9strategic.com.au/client-service/enough-think/

   I don't think of this as a need for acceptance, because that's not what I want out of it. I'm personally interested, and think most people feel this way, in what their impression of me is. Everyone sees life differently and I believe they see people differently too. Based on past experiences and brain structure, 10 people can have completely different perspectives of the same item or event that happens. I'm always interested in how other people see the world.

   Think about it though. If you examine those thoughts they can help you in life and business. Companies that excel ask questions like these all the time. How did we do? What are your thoughts about this or that? How can we improve? 

   Why not have that in your own life? If you pick people's brains, they might tell you something about yourself that you don't even know. It could be the one thing holding you back from accomplishing a certain task.

   It's hard to be able to look at yourself from a different perspective, so asking others to give their thoughts (If it's helpful and not destructive) could be a big stepping stone to insights that can propel yourself to being a better you. 



Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera.

     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera

   Follow him on Twitter - @bradslaughter89
                  or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment