Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Rock I Can't Put Down

La Push Beach in Washingon State: The Rock I Can't Put Down
Found on Artflakes
http://bit.ly/2bghU01
   A few entries ago I talked about the most amazing beach I've ever been to. While we were there, my girlfriend and I found quite a few rocks to add to our collection; but this rock moved me. 

   For most people, they only experience a feeling of pure bliss a few times in their life. For me, this was one of those times. I wanted something to symbolize this event to give me peace when I needed it. 

   The moment I picked the rock up I felt a wave of relaxation. It fit perfectly in my hand and was one of the smoothest rocks I've ever felt. I closed my eyes and rubbed the rock. The happiness I experienced from this beach and this rock was greater than any feeling I've received from nature. When I opened my eyes, my smile could not extend further. I caught up with everyone, but never let go of the rock.


   Now that I'm home, the rock lays on my bedside table. Every morning when I wake and a few times during the day I pick it up. I close my eyes and rub the rock, inhaling and exhaling like the waves of the ocean. I'm back on that beach again. Feeling the cool breeze and smelling the fresh, salty air. Any stresses or negative feelings I had have vanished. 

The Rock I can't Put Down
   What makes you feel pure bliss or joy? Do you have a souvenir from that? If you don't I highly recommend you go out to that spot and find something. Hold it and internalize that moment. That item will forever hold that peace inside it, for whenever you want to unlock it again.

   To all my awesome readers, I would love for you to share an item that means this much to you. Tell me where you found it and why you feel the harmony inside it. I feel this will inspire others to go out and find their own token of tranquility. Your comment might be the exact thing someone needed to reach serenity.   



     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera

   Follow him on





Twitter- @bradslaughter89                                                                                              or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment