Monday, August 1, 2016

Meditative Detox

Meditative Detox: What Meditation in a Sauna is doing for me.
Found on Pintrest
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/460352393135751786/
   One of my favorite parts about the complex that I live in is the community room. It's a huge open room with a couple couches, a pool table, a small refrigerator, and a men's and women's bathroom. Inside the bathroom resides my daily spot for meditation. The sauna.

   Before living here, I had trouble getting into my meditation "zone". I have to find a quiet spot so I can filter and focus my million thoughts a second, and that's hard to find in Los Angeles. The way I used to get into my zone would be to shut the bedroom door, turn off the lights, turn up some calm music and lay on the bed. Even with all this orchestration, it took me some time to tune in. 

   The discovery of the sauna was a big delight for me. When I worked out at the gym, I always loved winding down in the sauna. It was a great way to detox and to loosen the muscles that I tightened from working out. Now, I have my very own sauna in the comfort of my own living area. 

Meditative Detox: What Meditation in a Sauna is doing for me.
Found on Conscious Life News
http://consciouslifenews.com/sauna-exposed-happens-body-using-sauna/11120261/

   After a few days of hitting the sauna, I realized how quiet and relaxing it was. The heat enveloped my body like a blanket, the sweat dripping down my body was freeing. One day I closed my eyes and BAM! I went right into my meditative "zone". I was able to completely focus on what I wanted to wholly for the first time. When I opened my eyes, 10 minutes already flew by!

   This is now my daily routine. I love the fact that I can detox and meditate at the same time. I feel healthier, more alive and motivated every time I step out of that sauna. If you're looking for a great place to find your "zone", try it here. Just remember not to stay in for longer than 15 minutes. Sweat on my friends!


     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera

   Follow him on






Twitter- @bradslaughter89                                                                                              or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment