Tuesday, July 19, 2016

What do you want to be when you grow up?

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Found on The Odyssey Online
http://bit.ly/2bJRzEk

    For the millennials out there that have the attention span of less than a goldfish, (Which is the mass majority of people now that we have smart phones. Don't believe me? Here's a link to one of a plethora of articles on it.) I think this question is ridiculous.

Our attention spans are shorter than a goldfish
Found on Complete Goldfish Care
http://completegoldfishcare.com/

    Now that I've sent the people who wouldn't read this anyway away, here's a story for you.


    When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I loved, and still love, the water and was fascinated by all the wildlife in ocean. Well, that went away about the time I turned 16 when I looked at how much they make and how long it took to become a marine biologist (At the time I was so fed up with school I wanted nothing to do with 8 years of schooling). When I was growing up I was told that I wouldn't amount to very much or I wasn't good enough to do this or that. To play Devil's Advocate, he might have thought it'd give me low expectations so I was happy with anything I had (He's a Trump Supporter, so I can see him actually believing that); but to be honest he's just a prick. 

    So just to stick it in my step-father's face, I would not accept any job that makes less starting out than what he made a year, which was roughly $100 K. That in itself dashed away my dream to be a Marine Biologist or a CSI Tech (Damn CSI Show). So, instead of choosing a life based on "How I Wanted To Live", I chose a life based on money, which is never a good thing. 

    I chose Pharmacy, and after 4 years of working in the industry, I couldn't stand it anymore. The college was teaching me classes I didn't need and I couldn't spend one more day dealing with sick people (Whether they're sick in the head or sick physically). I also saw the lifestyle the Pharmacists had (Most are either taking meds for depression or drink a lot) and didn't want that either. So, I've moved around a lot and have went through many industries (Pharmacy, Construction, Sales, both sides of Entertainment Industry) and have realized now what my version of the purpose of life is. It's about how I want to LIVE. 


If you can dream, you can succeed
Found on Hype Orlando
http://bit.ly/2bcYVPx


    I'm a homebody. I am perfectly content with working from home and doing my thing on my time schedule. I don't want a ginormous house that I would never see my family in, but I want to live comfortably without worrying about bills. My passion is in helping people and teaching people. Personally, I'm looking into Social Marketing and Public Speaking to utilize my passions to progress the world forward. I've always wanted to be a public speaker, but thought I needed to have a successful business or millions of dollars to be heard. On the contrary, just the fact that I moved away from my home town inspired others to branch out and do things they want to do. 

    So, my 2 cents are to not be pressured into making a choice about what you want to BE. Live life a little. Travel and explore new places, and you'll find your passion. You'll find how you want to live and where you want to live. The richest people in the world are not the ones that have the most money. They're the ones that have found and succeeded at creating the life they wanted to LIVE.

    
     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera.      Follow him on  Twitter- @bradslaughter89                                                                                              or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter
     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera

   Follow him on


Twitter- @bradslaughter89                                                                                              or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment