Thursday, July 28, 2016

Take A Walk

Take A Walk GIF
Found on Herondaled
http://finnickodoirs.tumblr.com/post/37029778084/kellin-quinn-gif-hunt
   Recently I have noticed that I haven't had as much energy as I usually have. I've been waking up later and drinking more coffee. Yesterday I was thinking about it while I was on my way to drop off a package. I took an Uber to the post office and sent the package off. When I walked outside, the sun was shining and the street traffic was low, so I started walking towards home. I wanted to go a few blocks down so it'd be easier to get a ride back. But as I walked a few blocks, I started feeling a lot better and more awake. I could smell the jasmine in the distance and it changed my mind. I plugged my headphones in and kept walking.

   I instantly realized why I haven't had any energy lately. Since I've taken an extended break from the entertainment industry, I haven't been walking as much. And I haven't been running lately. I've been flying around doing different things the past few months or so which has affected my energy levels. 

   The classic rock and the amazing smells of the flowering trees that line the residential streets flooded me with happiness. The sun was beaming down and giving me some much needed vitamin D. The vigorous walking got my blood flowing and a good sweat on. I was able to zone out and focus on what I wanted to talk about for my next Podcast. My thoughts were crisp and clear. Ideas were rushing in.

   The walk took about 25 minutes and spanned about 2 miles. When I walked into my place I was energized and ready to write. I got so many things done yesterday that I've been wanting to do for a week. The walk refreshed me. I slept better last night and I woke up earlier today. It's my body telling me that I was missing this much needed activity in my life. 

   If you're having a writers block, feel unproductive, or don't have a lot of energy; take a walk. Put on some feel good music or a podcast, leave the confines of your office or home and zone out. Let your mind wander and create. Your brain needs it for the exercise and as a catalyst for creativity.  


     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera.      Follow him on   Twitter- @bradslaughter89                                                                                              or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter
     Brad Slaughter is a Co-Owner of Try-Fun Fitness & Training, Writer for Inside My Inquisitive Mind, Producer, Entrepreneur and trained in Social Media Marketing By Corsera

   Follow him on




Twitter- @bradslaughter89                                                                                              or Facebook - @OfficialBradSlaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment